Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tea and (Vaga)bonding

Hi, guys!  Hope your weekend was a great one.  My weekend was great and filled with fun.  I had my sister and two of my nieces over for a tea party and crafting time.  I thought I would share some pictures from the day.

After our tasty lunch and tea we headed down to my stamp area to make some tags.  The girls wanted to make some Tim Holtz-style tags after hearing about them and were amazed when they saw the Vagabond. We spent the afternoon bonding with each other over the Vagabond. A Vagabond machine is a powered die cut/embossing machine that is a wonder.  It really enables you to cut and emboss a lot of stuff in no time and with great ease (a touch of a button!)



Amanda's tag (age 7)

Grace's tag (age 4)

We spent hours making other cards and using plenty of Ranger products.  It was a blast and, yes, it was extremely INKY. Who knew that spray inks could spray so far?  I was able to introduce my sister to the wonder of the Ranger Craft Scrubbie that takes all kinds of ink off hands.  As a kindergarten teacher, I am sure it will come in handy after arts and crafts!  If you don't have one already, I would suggest you get one as they are really amazing!

I hope you have a great day and find a moment to do something you love!

9 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

How fun for the tea party, I'm sure the girls had a blast and love that they wanted to get inky! they created some great tags!

jennifer berkhahn said...

what a great idea, very creative. The tags are beautiful

Belinda Basson said...

What a splendid spread for your tea party and your inky time looks like lots of fun was had by all.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Vagabonding is THE new verb!!! Love it!!! Great photos and such cute tags!!!

Wendy said...

Wonderful tags, makes me wish I still had some young kids around. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Louise F NZ said...

Lovely tags! And the photos of the teaparty are fabulous.
If you are interested in joining a blogging group and meeting new friends, we are looking for new members. You can find us at....
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-f290/i-dream-paper-blog-group-%2Aopen%2A-t543151.html#post19286112

Unknown said...

That looks like a fun time! The tags turned out so cute!

Susie said...

Good for you!! What a wonderful idea to have your sister and nieces over for tea and crafting. Little ones so appreciate being thought of as "big people" and being asked to join in grown up fun. You've made more memories with them then you might realize. And tags were the prefect choice. Not to small or to large for little inky fingers {insert smile}. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I know that this amazing event took place 7 months ago, but I'm thinking it's never too late to rant and rave about it! Every time I come to this blog I am inspired - such great ideas and such great memories. Your nieces are lucky little ladies. And, PS, I LOVE THE HATS! phyllis

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!