Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sharing Sympathy Cards

Hi, guys!  Hope all is well.  I hope you had a great weekend.  I had a great one.  We got to visit with friends for dinner and spent time yesterday with my father in-law and rooted for the Mets (to no avail!).
I thought I would share a pair of cards I made this week.  They are sympathy cards I made for my sister in-law and her mom.  I love card making, but making these cards is always hard for me.  I know they are necessary, and I sure hope they let the recipient know they are loved and being thought of.



Supplies:
Stamps: Close To My Heart
Paper: Ranger Core-dinations, Gina K Designs (White)
Ink: Stampin' Up
Misc: Tim Holtz Sanding Block, Cuttlebug embossing folder

On a lighter note, I thought I would share a picture of some of the work that my husband and I did on my stamp room this weekend.



I am starting to bring up my supplies and trying to figure out the best way to store them.  I am thrilled with the two lazy susans I found.  I decided to use one of them for my Distress Stains, and the other for my collection of spray inks.  I was able to order a new chair and pick up a floor lamp.  I will have more pictures later in the week.  I can't wait - it is starting to take shape.

Hope you have a great day!

8 comments:

Corinne Rodrigues said...

Winnie - loved the card and your room looks fantastic. May you spend many creative hours in it!

Marcy said...

Sympathy cards are always hard to make for me Winnie. Thanks so much for sharing yours! :) Marcy

https://jenniferjofaypaperdolls/blogspot.com said...

Very nice. I like your shelving set up. I always love organizing a studio.

Journey of Life said...

It is always hard on what to give/say on sympathy notes ...
And I like your shelving ... looks great!--Way to go, Winnie!

Ann said...

Fantastic storage for your work-space and the cards are beautiful : )

Anonymous said...

Love the storage shelves and the cards are nice.


Irvina

Cindy Marchant said...

Hi Winnie! I saw the comment you left on my blog and had to come see pics of your room in progress. I want you to know my first scraproom was very tiny, more a room for a baby. With some creativity and organization it's amazing what you can do! Have fun with your new room. I love what I see so far!

Cindy Marchant said...

I just saw your other comment about my ink holder. My husband made it and it was a real bugger for him! LOL! Said he would never make another one! I have seen similar ones on ebay. He made it to match my ribbon holder. I have since seen a better ribbon holder on Pinterest. Are you on Pinterest? If so find me (Cindy Marchant)and look in my scraproom organization and you should be able to find it. I love mine until I need to take a roll off and then it becomes a real headache. But I think mine can be altered to be like the one on Pinterest.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!