Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Whimsical Faerie Birthday Wishes

Hi, guys! today I want to share a birthday card I made for my friend Anna. While deciding what card to make for Anna, I came across this little sprite of a faerie.  I think she is just darling. So, I decided to use the photo tinting technique I learned from Tim Holtz while participating in his 12 Tags of 2012. In this technique you add color to selected areas of the photo.  You will notice that I used glossy cardstock for the image, and stamped with a permanent ink (Archival Black).  To add color I used various shades of distress inks.



Supplies:
Stamps:Stampsmith
Paper: Ranger Glossy Cardstock, Stampin' Up
Ink: Archival Ink (Black), Distress Inks
Misc.: Gem, rectangle punch, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder


This is becoming one of my favorite techniques.  I find it fun and relaxing to color the images and am busy making tags using old family photographs for family members.

Wishing Anna a very happy birthday, and a great year ahead!  May each of you have a day filled with fun and perhaps a bit of magic!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this one Winnie!! I love the embossing in the frame. You really outdid yourself with this one. Brilliant.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Katie said...

You are so talented in your crafting Winnie and very thoughtful!

my heart's love songs said...

gorgeous!!! my new favorite!

Unknown said...

I love the card Winnie - its so beautiful! Thanks for making my birthday even more special!

Anna

Unknown said...

Adorable faerie, I love the tinting technique just need to get more familiar with it.

Svitlana Shayevich said...

I liked this Tim's technique as well. It such fun!
Love how you've applied the tinting. The photo looks beautiful and mysterious!
See you in class!

Journey of Life said...

Such a darling card ... One of theses days I am going to head down to your place and take a private lesson from you :-) Seriously!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!