Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Happy Halloween Using Tim Holtz Patterned Paper

Hi, guys!  I am sure many of you know my love of Tim Holtz's products and inks.  I can't seem to put down the distress inks sometimes.  For today, I thought I would share 3 Halloween cards I made.  Paper is one of my favorite things.  I have been "collecting" various patterned papers by Tim Holtz.  For some reason, I couldn't bring myself to actually use it.  Crazy, I know.  So, for these cards, I used some of his wonderful vintage papers.  You will also notice that two of them have decorated bottle caps on them.  I was a fan of them years back and haven't seen them in awhile.  I saw a few of them in a shop on vacation and knew I had to incorporate them in my Halloween creations.




I used Black Soot distress ink on all the edges of each of these cards.  For the third card, I used glow-in-the-dark glitter in the BOO sentiment.  It looks cool when it is in the dark.  The googlie eyes just make me smile, so I love adding them!  The twill ribbon on two of the cards was repurposed.  I received a gift of dishtowels that were held together with white twill.  I saved it as it was so nice and soft and wide.  I used Dylusions Sprays to color it black with hints of orange.

Hope you enjoyed these cards, and hope they inspire you to shop in your stash.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool!! I love these. I think I like the black cat one the best, although they are all really good!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

paige said...

Three fantastic cards! The papers and embellishments are awesome!

my heart's love songs said...

fabulous! love the papers!!!

Margaret said...

Gorgeous paper images. Your cards are just fantastic.

Donna Gibson said...

Love these cards! I know what you mean about the paper. I've been hoarding two pads of the TH Seasonal paper for about a year now. Just finally decided that I need to use them!

Ann said...

You really put these together with such thought and care! Super Spooky Cool!
I would have a hard time using some of supplies too. I always like to look at paper craft items. I also like to save little ribbons and things that come as packaging.
The bottle caps are cool!

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

Hi Winnie. I know exactly what you mean when you don't want to cut into some pretty paper. That often happens to me with Graphic 45 papers. I've started buying extra for cutting. Why save the darn stuff? Am I gonna leave it to my heirs?! Craziness, but hey, I'm having fun.

Journey of Life said...

My younger girl and I love the 2nd one the best.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!