Thursday, November 29, 2012

November Tag for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2012

Hi, guys!  As many of you know, I am participating in the 12 Tags of 2012 by Tim Holtz.  Each month Tim demonstrates a new tag using various techniques and products meant to inspire you to create your own.  I can't believe it is November already!  Here is my submission:


I love that I get to use so many of my supplies when I make a tag.  For this tag, distress stains were used in various colors as well as distress inks.  The image was heat embossed onto the tag.  One of my favorite parts of this tag was making the leaves by using Core-dinations kraft paper, then sanding and inking them.  Love how they came out.  I never thought to pull apart my twine before, and then inked it as Tim showed.  It was a fun touch and am so glad he shared that idea.

I hope you like this tag, and if you are interested in making one for yourself, I would suggest you check out Tim's blog at www.timholtz.com and I am sure he will inspire you.

Have a great day!  Until next time!

8 comments:

Debbi said...

That's so beautiful ...

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is gorgeous, Winnie. I just adore tags and don't make nearly enough of them. Lovely colors and perfect embellishments.

Uh, you can't win the lottery if you don't play...LOL No large influx of cash here, only massive outlay with Christmas drawing near.

Unknown said...

This is amazing! You did an awesome job!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Loki-Lou said...

That is absolutely beautiful! I love the colours! :D

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

A beauty here!!! Love the grasses you choose for the embossing! The leaf and metal arrangement is fabulous as well! Fab take!

Hettie said...

Lovely colours you have used in this tag Winnie. I love how everyone sees the same tag being made by TH but we all interpret them differently and spot different elements!
Thanks for visiting.
x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Wow, your tH November tag design is amazing. I love the depth you created in your background and the warm color scheme. Blessings!

maria f. said...

Beautiful colors and design on this tag. Perfect for fall.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!