Tuesday, November 27, 2012

With Deepest Sympathy

Hi, guys! Today I am sharing a card I made for a friend of my husband who lost his mom.  I wanted to make it a nature themed card, and appropriate for a man.  I didn't want to make it too fussy, and wanted it to be calm in feel.  This is what I came up with.


Supplies:
Stamps: Rubber Stampede
Paper: Core-dinations, Gina K Designs
Ink: Stampin' Up
Misc.: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Scallop Edge Punch, Sanding Block, Gem

One of my favorite papers to use is Core-dinations as I love the different colored cores in their papers and love to sand them.  It gives the image such a fun distressed look.

Hope you have a nice day!  Until next time!

7 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Oh these cards are always the hardest to make, but you sure have made this one lovely and I'm sure it's going to bring comfort. So thoughtful of you!

Sharon Huffman said...

What a lovely card! I've got that embossing folder and will have to try this with some of my coredinations card stock too! Thanks for sharing!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like & recognize the Cuttlebug 'Bird Call' embossing folder you used. Like the sanding of the embossing.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Winnie!

Marcy said...

That's such a beautiful card and so thoughtful. I really love that embossing folder. I have never seen it. Great job! :)

Unknown said...

Lovely!!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

A said...

I like it too - like the bird as well : )

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!