Saturday, June 8, 2013

ARRRR! Pirate Birthday Card

Hi, guys! Hope all is well!  Today I am sharing a pirate-themed birthday card I made for a little boy.  I decided to make it appear like a framed photo/painting with his name underneath.  Embossing stitches were used along the side for fun. 


Supplies:
Stamps: Lizzie Anne
Ink: Memento Black, Distress Ink, Copic Markers
Paper: Desert Storm, Gina K Designs
Misc.: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Spellbinders Deckled Rectangle Die


I think he is an adorable pirate and I know Wyatt will love having a pirate named after him. 

A few weeks ago I wrote about my vacation to Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia.  One of the fun activities my husband and I participated in was a night walk entitled "Pirates Among Us."  We encountered lots of victims of the infamous pirate Blackbeard.  To say I was freaked out a bit is an understatement.  To hear of the cruelty and horrors he inflicted upon people was very unsettling.  It was a fabulous program, so if you ever get there, I highly recommend you see it.  It is NOT for little ones as it is scary (at least for me it was!).  My pirate is much more G rated!

Enjoy your day!  Until next time, my friends!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

What a super fun card! That pirate image is perfect for a boy. Love the embossing on the side.

Esther Asbury said...

Adorable little pirate card! Perfect for a little boy!! Great job!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!