Wednesday, August 28, 2013

WOYWW#221 - Prima Mixed Media Doll Birthday Card

Hi, guys! Hope all is well! Wednesday is here again, so I am sharing what is on my work desk with you!  A special thank you to Julia of Stamping-Ground for this desk hopping (snooping) fun!  I look forward to this each week as I love to see what others are working on!

Today I was asked to make a last minute birthday card for a friend's granddaughter.  She wanted it personalized with her name on it.  I thought I would use one of my Prima Mixed Media Dolls for it as the girl is 9 years old.   I love paper piecing their clothes! Reminds me of playing with paper dolls as a girl!




Finally, the finished card:


Thank you for stopping in today!  I always enjoy your visits, and hope to visit with a lot of you today!

Enjoy the week ahead, and find time to enjoy something you love! I hope this week I am able to spend a lot more time creating as it has been so busy lately with summer fun!

Until next time!

17 comments:

Heathers Inspiration said...

Gorgeous card, looks fab :)
Have a Beautiful week - Heather #85

glitterandglue said...

What a delightful card - well done, Winnie.
Have a great week.
Margaret #37

Sarah Leonard said...

I love your little girl. I must admit, using stamps is new to me and not something I have done much of so far.

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

Joanne said...

Beautiful. And I love the name Aurora!

Unknown said...

Thank you Win - I know she's going to love this card. You're the BEST!!!

Sandy said...

Your card tuned out Fabulous.. On your first picture is that a really big stack of tags?? Love your tidy work area.
Happy WOYWW
Sandy :) #54

Jackie said...

I do like those prima stamps it came out great
Jackie 39
Scrapbangwallop

Claire said...

what a lovely card - bet she'll be thrilled with it :)
happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
no. 38

House of Bears said...

What a lovely card. We have one of those Prima stamps and really like using it,

Thanks for visiting us already today

Julie Lee said...

This is an ideal card for a nine year old girl! I'm sure she'll love it! What an unusual and pretty name too! Happy WOYWW! Julie Ann xx #42

fishioslady said...

Love the card. Great work.
Melissa #127

Rita said...

Cute card! Paper piecing takes patience. :)
Thanks for your visit.
WOYWW#113

shazsilverwolf said...

Beautiful card! I too remember paper dolls- The 'Bunty', wasn't it, that had them on the back to cut out. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #56 xx

MiamiKel said...

Oh this is a gorgeous card creation! What a lovely card! I'm seeing these dolls everywhere (I just found out I won one in a hop!) so I'm curious to see if I can give it justice! :)

Christine said...

What a brill idea for the card and how lovely it turned out!
Bishopsmate #77 Better late than never!

Unknown said...

TY for stopping by for a visit and the kind words. :D That birthday card is going to make a 9 yr old little girl very happy. It turned out beautiful. I'm sorry to hear your nephew has been ill, but I am happy to hear that he is getting better. You are so right, sometimes when we post things about ourselves, our experiences, or just how we muddled through a bad day, we don't realize how that may touch others in ways that we don't always intend too. It means alot to know that you found some peace or small comfort in my story. I'm finding that being part of the WOYWW circle is more than just sharing what's on our desk, it's finding friendship, solace and support. I will keep your nephew in my prayers that he keeps getting better. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. (((HUGS)))
Kimmie
WOYWW #1

Anonymous said...

This card is amazing. I absolutely love it. Winnie - I may have missed this somewhere...do you sell your work? Or is this a personal hobby?

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!