Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Housewarming (Modern/Funky House)

Hi, guys!  Hope all is well! Today I am sharing a fun housewarming card I made for a family.  I decided to use my Hero Arts house stamp as well as their "Polaroid" frame stamp.  Not sure what they called it as I was given this stamp a while ago.  Who doesn't take pictures of their home when they first get it, right?  It is a fun way to share in the excitement of what a new home brings.


I decided to use ivory card stock for the image and kept the colors toned down as the card is for both males and females.  I paper pieced the door and the chimney to add some fun and color.  It is hard to see in this photo, but the black background is embossed with polka dots to match the house.

I am entering this card in the following challenge: www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Thank you for stopping by today!

Until next time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually never thought of taking a picture of this place when I bought it but your friends will have this sweet card to help them remember.
We so love to see your artwork. Thank you for posting with us at Word Art Wednesday. Remember you can post up to FIVE of your beautiful projects this week .
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday
We have a Facebook page and would love to see you join us.

Esther Asbury said...

It's good to be back on-line again -- enjoying looking at your creations! Cute housewarming card! -- BTW - thanks for all the sweet comments you leave on my blog!

MiamiKel said...

OH what a great contrasting card this is! Super fun design and love the boldness it beholds!

It's funny you mention taking pics of your home - we just looked at ours a few weeks ago (bought our home 19 years ago!) and the yard! OH MY! It was deserted! Just a big old empty 1/2 acre lot of nothing - nadda - zip! Now it's filled with a forest of trees, swing sets, forts, the pool, a huge trampoline - we can't FIND the yard! LOL!!

Big hugs!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!