Thursday, September 5, 2013

Martha Stewart Never Fails Me!

Hi, guys! Hope all is well!  This weekend was one filled with friends, and barbecues.  With that comes lots of food.  My husband and I were invited to a barbecue on Sunday and I was asked to bring appetizers.  I thought about what I should bring and settled on two tasty appetizers from Martha Stewart's site.  You may not know this about me, but I have been a big fan of hers for decades and my mom would even call me "Martha" when I would be cooking or baking (or molding my butter into shapes. Yes, I have done that!).

I thought I would share these very simple tasty appetizers with you so you can have them at the ready should you need something yummy to make!

The first one is Bacon-Wrapped Potatoes.  These guys are so easy and so delicious.



I made Martha's Lemon Aioli to dip these yummy treats in.  Not a drop was wasted. Note: I only used 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.  It was perfect and not too tart for people who are not necessarily lemon fans.


The next appetizer I made were Sausage Cheddar Balls.  I made Martha's as so many of the other recipes I have have too much flour or biscuit mix in them.  Martha's was perfect and not boxed.


I warn you, these things are addicting.  My hubby had to take them out of my reach so that I would stop munching on them.

Usually I am sharing my crafts, but I like to think that sharing my other hobbies (cooking, baking, or even gardening) will give you a glimpse into what makes me ... well, ME!

Hope you give these snacks a try sometime!

Off to get my fingers INKY!

Until next time!

6 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Dang, I wish you lived closer, my mouth is watering! Everything looks delish! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

MiamiKel said...

OKay, you had me at bacon! LOL! (not really, I'm a vegetarian but I do cook with it for my carnivorous crew and they would LOVE this! I'm totally casing you, and Martha, and I'll give you a full report on what they think!) Super choices for a bbq - I'm sure they were a bit hit!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Both of these appetizers look scrumptious! I believe that all are experiences, no matter what field they're in, influence our artwork. That's why I enjoy reading about your cooking too. Have a marvelous weekend. Blessings!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

YUMMO!!!! Really...my mouth is totally watering!!!

Unknown said...

those look so good!! :)

Jill Norwood said...

Hi Winnie! I love when you share cooking and other things that interest you! It is 3am and both of these are making my mouth water! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!