Monday, November 4, 2013

Miscellaneous Weekend Fun

Hi guys! Hope all is well!  Busy weekend here with lots of cooking and household matters.  I don't have much new to share today, but some odds and ends you may enjoy.

I decided to make biscuits for breakfast.  One of my favorite food bloggers, Kate of Framed Cooks had this recipe waiting in my inbox for quite some time and so I had to break down and bake them up.  Boy, they were delicious.  Very dangerous as they are addicting! Hope you give them a try!


Lots of stuff going on at the house this week.  If it isn't one repair, it is another.  But I was very happy to find that I finally got a dahlia on my dahlia plant!  None of the others grew, but this one named Christmas Carol is growing and bloomed so nicely.  I picked this tuber because of the name as it was the first play I saw my husband perform in.  He played Scrooge!  Isn't this flower just lovely?


Hope to get into my craft room this week and be able to share a few new cards with you!

Enjoy the week ahead!

5 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love homemade biscuits, and yours look scrumptious. I'm also impressed by your green thumb, based on that beautiful bloom on your dahlia. Your shot is great too, and can imagine you incorporating it into one of your card designs. Have fun in your studio. Blessings!

Jill Norwood said...

Such a beautiful flower my dear! And those biscuits look scrumptious! Yummy!

Esther Asbury said...

The muffins look yummy and the flower beautiful! Sounds like you had a fruitful week-end!

Marcy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend Winnie! Those muffins sure are making me hungry and that flower is goregous! :)

Tania said...

Those look delicious. Glad you had a good weekend.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!