Sunday, January 26, 2014

Hashtag Love

Many of us have had days where you are feeling rather blue, or just plain blah.  Well, the other day I was having one of those days and it turned into a fun, happy day by a generous act.  Mario Rossi came up with a great idea for a stamp set for Stampers Anonymous called Hashtags! It was perfect for him as he is a great Twitter and Facebook user.  If you aren't following him, I highly recommend you do, as he is so much fun!  When I saw he was giving away some of these stamp sets on Facebook just by leaving a comment I did.  When I saw I was one of the winners I was so happy and excited!   After a long day of working and commuting in below zero weather on Friday, I came home to find it in the mail!


Last night I used the stamp set to decorate packaging and make a tag for my girlfriend Amy, who we are celebrating with this afternoon at a brunch.  The gift bag was a plain inexpensive bag, but by using my various Stampers Anonymous stamps to decorate it, it made it personalized to my friend (one of my Jane Austen group ladies).  The fun hashtags look great scattered throughout.




I am looking forward to making more fun things with this set.  Thank you to Mario Rossi and Tim Holtz for your generosity of spirit.

Just remember as you go through your day, a kind word or action can really mean a lot to those you encounter along the way.  No act is too small to make a BIG difference!



5 comments:

Penny said...

It's funny how hashtags are entering daily spoken conversations too. I feel like I could use something like this for grading student's exams, like #betterlucknexttime or #cometoclassmoreoften. I don't so any stamping-type crafts myself, but I can certainly appreciate these stamps, and kinda wish I had a set of my own!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Congratulations! I love the new hashtags stamp set - it's on my wish list. I love what you did with it too, especially the cute birthday tag. I can't wait to see what else you make with them. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

sometimes even a smile from a stranger can brighten your day! {or sometimes it's just creepy!} *smile*

hope you have a great week, Winnie! stay warm!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a pretty tag!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I love the pretty bag!! Such a fun way to use stamps!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!