Friday, May 30, 2014

Joining the "21" Club!

Today I am sharing a birthday card I made for a special young man.  Austin is someone who I have known a number of years, and I was touched to be asked to make his 21st birthday card by my friend Ruth.  She asked for a coming of age type of card, and so I dug around my stash and found some fun images that I would use.  The large "21" is heat embossed using Ranger Gold embossing powder.


I decided to only add touches of color to keep the focus on the 21 and keep it feeling masculine.

Wishing Austin a very Happy 21st Birthday!!

Until next time!

5 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is awesome...you have captured all the icons that turning 21 represents. It's fun and festive...just like turning 21, although that was so long ago for me, I can't even remember what I did on my 21st birthday....LOL

Unknown said...

Thanks Win - Austin received the card yesterday. He called to tell me he loved it. He's saved all your cards, even the thank you note you sent him a few years ago. He's so sentimental. This will be the first time we are apart for our birthdays. My little boy is growing up :( Hope you are having a blast!!

Diane said...

Super cute design.

Hugs Diane

Margaret said...

Such a cute card with a clean look. I'm sure he will appreciate your time and talents.

Kristie W. said...

This is a really fun card! Love the little dice stamp. Perfect for a '21' card.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!